|Tour Details |
|Duration ||14 Nights |
|Best Time ||Oct - April |
|Routing ||Arrival Delhi - Bhubaneswar - Baliguda - Rayagada - Chatikona - Jeypore - Onukudelli - Lamtaput - Jeypore - Rayagada - Taptapani - Chilka lake - Puri - Bhubaneswar - Delhi Dep |
India is one of the most diverse countries anywhere on earth and Orissa is one place where you can see the tribes of centre India, discover India's ancient history with spectacular monument and forts. With all the varying landscapes, different ethnic groups, rich cuisine, deep history and spiritual significance, India is an intoxicating cultural experience for any traveler. Take a look at all the different options we have for tours to Orissa. Experience the richness of colourfull Indian culture and history.
India comes alive with Perfect Indian Tourism. Our team has travelled extensively throughout the subcontinent of India.
DAY 01 :
On arrival to Delhi International Airport, meet with our airport representative. Thereafter transfer to hotel for an overnight stay (generally the International flight arrives at mid night).
DAY 02 :
Breakfast at hotel, later our representative will provide you the departure transfer flight to Bhubaneswar.
- Upon arrival, meet to our local representative transfer to hotel
- Bhubaneswar once formed part of the ancient kingdom of Kalinga and today some 500 of the original 7,000 temples that studded the area survive
- Rest of the time visit Lingaraja Temple,
- Mukteswara Temple
- Vital Deol Temple
- Parasurameswara Temple
DAY 03 :
After Breakfast at hotel depart by surface for Baliguda,
- Visiting typical Orissa villages
- En route visit numerous villages echoing with the rhythms of tribal culture and forests full of adventure and wildlife
- If it's evening or the nightfall, you may be surprised to see animals like a Tiger or Cheetah or a herd of elephants
- Upon arrival check in to the hotel for overnight stay
DAY 04 :
Baliguda-Rayagada (165 Km)
After breakfast at hotel, depart by surface for Rayagada
- Enroute visiting the famous Kondh tribes & their villages, which is the biggest tribe (950,000). The Kodhs belong to the Dravidian group and speak Kui language. Their weapon is bow and arrow by which they defend themselves from wild animals
- Also visit the weekly tribal market. Upon arrival at Rayagada, check in to the hotel for overnight stay
DAY 05 :
After breakfast full day visit of Dhongaria tribes, they belong to the Kondh family and are highland settlers. They are expert in horticulture and extensively celebrate their annual hunting/sowing festivals. Enjoy picnic lunch enroute. After visiting their villages/lifestyles return to Rayagada. Overnight at hotel
DAY 06 :
Rayagada-Chatikona-Jeypore (220 Kms)
After the breakfast, drive down to Chatikona to witness the weekly tribal market of these colourful Donghria Kondh tribes which occurs once every Wednesday.
- It is a unique opportunity to witness such a colourful concentration of typical tribes at one place
- More interesting would be to watch women in their colorful costumes and jewellery and of course their barter system
- After the market visit, return to hotel and post lunch departs for Jeypore- in Koraput district. Enroute brief halts to visit the low land tribes and their settlements
- Arrive in the evening and check into your Hotel for overnight stay
DAY 07 :
Jeypore – Onukundelli (75kms)
After breakfast drive down to Onukudelli area to see the famed Didayi Bonda tribes.
- The scanty dress of Bonda women and homicidal tendency of Bonda males make them most fascinating people. The Bonda call themselves-Remo and speak a very difficult Austro-Asiatic language
- They are generally agriculturists and expert cultivators. The irrigated and terraced paddy fields on high hills prove their skill in rice cultivation
- In spite of their primitiveness and so called poverty, the Bondas enjoy a high degree of economic sufficiency. After the visit, return back to Jeypore for an overnight stay
DAY 08 :
Excursion Of Paraja And Sana Tribes (75 Kms)
Excursion Of Paraja And Sana Tribes (75 Kms)
- Their language is Parji. The Parajas have a number of tattoos like Bagh-Tiger, Bokda-goat, Netan-dog, Panki-dove and the like, and harming of eating of the totem animals is strictly forbidden and instead they should be respected
- They worship various Gods and Goddesses residing in hills or forests. During wedding the Parajas resort to dance and music.
Evening return to Jeypore for an overnight stay
DAY 09 :
Excursion Of Lamtaput Market (75 Kms)
Full day visit of Lamptaput area to witness the Gadabba tribe and their weekly tribal market on Saturday,
- The Gadabba tribes is one of the most colourful and most primitive tribe of Orissa
- They have their own language Gutab and are not a migratory folk
- Their famous dance is Demsa and you may have an opportunity to visit their villages and witness this colourful dance of the Gadabba tribe
Later drive back to Jeypore & overnight at hotel.
DAY 10 :
Jeypore-Rayagada (140 Kms)
After breakfast checkout and drive for Rayagada enroute visiting some of the Tribal village/ settlements of the Desia Kondh tribes. They also belong to the famed Kondh tribes of Orissa and are known to be expert cultivators. Witness the weekly market and lunch enroute. Arrive in the evening and check into hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 11 :
Rayagada-Taptapani (165 kms)
After breakfast checkout and drive for Taptapnai
- Enroute visiting the Saora tribes and their lifestyles
- The Saora tribes are also one of the early settlers and trace their origin to Mahabharata. Arrive in the evening and check in to Taptapani-Toursit Bungalow.
DAY 12 :
Taptapani-Chilka Lake-Puri (225 kms)
After breakfast depart for Puri
- Enroute visiting Chilka Lake- the largest brackish water lake in Asia, spreading over 1200 sq kms and is famous for its migratory birds which comes from as far as Siberia during winter months. After lunch drive down to Puri and after the arrival in the evening check-in to the hotel for an overnight stay.
DAY 13 :
Jagatnnath Dham & Puri Beach
Morning visit to the Jagatnnath Dham, rest of the day have some free time to enjoy at the beach. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 14 :
Puri-Konark-Bubaneswar (110 Kms)
After breakfast visit the craftsmen village. Thereafter leave for Bhubaneswar.
- En route visit the Famous Konark, known for its Sun Temple "the Black Pagoda"
Upon arrival check in to your hotel for an overnight stay.
DAY 15 :
After breakfast, departure transfer to Airport to board the flight to Delhi.
Upon arrival meet to our representative, and transfer to hotel and for rest of the day have some leisure time out there. In time take flight to onward destination.