|Tour Details |
|Duration ||12 Nights |
|Best Time ||Jun - Sep |
|Routing ||Arrival Delhi - Leh - Yurutse - Skiu - Markaha - Hankar - Nimaling - Sangsumdo - Hemis - Leh - Delhi Departure |
Classic trekking route will take you through some of the most beautiful villages. You can explore the traditional life style. Enjoy some of the best places like Gompas (Monasteries), wildlife and fort ruins, together with the feast of scenic and ethnic diversity. The Markha Valley Trek is one of the Ladakh's classic treks, a rugged high-altitude hiking on Stok range. Begin the Trek at the famous trailhead at Hemis Monastery. Along the way we pass through the prayer flags rippling silently in the fresh wind, and walk into small green valleys, greeted by cheery herders. We cross several passes including Kongmaru La (5150 Mts.), highest pass in the trekking route. Many named & un-named peaks in the altitude range of 5500 Mts. - 6400 Mts. makes the great amphitheater. We start our trek from Spituk Monastery, and terminate at Martselang.
DAY 01 :
On arrival at New Delhi International Airport, meet to our representative and drive back to hotel for an overnight stay. (Normally the international flight arrive Delhi in mid night)
DAY 02 :
Early morning, transfer to domestic airport, take flight to Leh.
- On arrival at Leh meet to our local staff and transfer to hotel
- Rest of the time leisure for acclimatization
- Afternoon walk in the Leh market
DAY 03 :
After breakfast, full day monasteries sightseeing,
- Visit Taktok, Shey Palace and Thiksey Monastery
- Rest of the time leisure at Leh market. Overnight at hotel
DAY 04 :
After a leisure breakfast, commence for a full day monasteries sightseeing,
- Visit Sankar Gompa, Shanti Stupa, Tsemo Castle, Stok Palace and Museuma and Hall of Fame. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 05 :
Leh-Spituk-Yurutse (4,150 M / 7 Hrs) Trek
Breakfast at hotel, later drive to Spituk, visit monastery, continue drive to Zinchen, and commence trek to Yurutse.
- On arrival at Zinchen meet to our staff, cook, assistance, mule men and trekking guide
- The trail from Zinchen ascends gradually all the way along the Rumbak Nala until you reach Rumbak, the largest village in the Zingchen Valley
- Follow the trail passing cultivated fields and scattered houses until you reach the village of Yurutse and have an overnight stay at the camp
DAY 06 :
Yurutse -Skiu (3,018 M / 8 Hrs) Trek
A gradual ascent followed by a steep climb gets you to the Ganda La (15,910ft/4,971m).
- Enjoy fine views of snow capped mountains merging into the distant ranges of the Karakoram
- The trail descends steadily to Shingo, the head of the Skiu Valley and continues down into Skiu village. Enter the village confronted by towering rock faces. Overnight at camp.
DAY 07 :
Skiu-Markha Village (3,793 M / 6 Hrs) Trek
Take a pleasant walk through one of the loveliest sections of the Markha valley.
- En-route we will pass through several monasteries perched high on the hillsides above us and the path is dotted with Chortens and prayer walls. Overnight stay at the Camp
DAY 08 :
Markha Village-Hankar (3,986 M / 7 Hrs) Trek
Breakfast at camp,
- The camp below the twin villages of Lower and Upper Hankar is distinctly cooler than at Markha Village. Overnight stay at the camp.
DAY 9 :
Hankar-Nimaling (4,840 M / 8 Hrs) Trek
From Hankar the trail climbs steadily up the narrow valley.
- The Nimaling plain is a broad meadow, reaching upwards to the base of the ice-clad Kang Yatse, 21,500ft/6,553m
- The Nimaling meadows provide pastures in the summer for yaks, sheep, goats and horses from villages further down the valley. It is not unusual to see the occasional wild sheep or wolf. Overnight stay at camp.
DAY 10 :
Nimaling-Khardug La (5020m)-Sang Sumdo (3,420 M) Trek
Breakfast at camp, later commence trek to Sang Sumdo
- Long climb along the mountain side then some zigzag up to the Kangmaru-La (5120 Mts). Long descent into gorges several easy stream crossing. Overnight stay at camp.
DAY 11 :
Sang Sumdo-Hemis-Drive To Leh
After breakfast take the vehicle drive to Hemis,
- Visit the enchaining monastery than drive to Leh,
- On arrival check in to the hotel for overnight stay. For the rest of the day, take some time out for relaxation.
DAY 12 :
Breakfast at hotel, Full day free for individual activities.
- Afternoon visit the local market for shopping etc., overnight at hotel.
DAY 13 :
Early in the morning transfer to airport time to catch the flight for Delhi.
- On arrival meet with our representative and transfer to the hotel
- After farewell dinner drive to International Airport and take the flight back to home