Ladakh — the land of “Buddhist” the last Sangrila. It’s one of the world’s most famous destinations, and that can be a deterrent for even the most eager traveler.<br>
As travelers and backpackers have known for years, there are plenty of ways to do adventure activities as trekking, cycling, biking, rafting and peak climbing. Here are our top 5 tips for budget travel in Leh-Ladakh.
1. Think (and Stay) Beyond Hotels
With the sole exception of budget accommodations (which generally aren’t located in the best areas anyway), staying at hotels is one of the quickest ways to overshoot your budget — yes, even if you get good deals with us. Instead, consider booking at or through:
- Hostels. Not only are hostels cheap, but they’re also a great way to meet fellow travelers, and these days most are pretty nice, too. If you’re a little older and are uncomfortable with the early twenties crowd, or if you’re traveling with a partner, many hostels provide private rooms at a good rate.
- We “Leh-Ladakh-tourpackage.com” hosts the hotel, guest house and local houses in-around Leh, Nubra, Lower Ladakh and Kargil, for booking at affordable rates. The best part about “leh-ladakh-tourpackage.com” is often times the hosts, who tend to enjoy touring guests around. You can also host travelers at home yourself if you like, but there’s no obligation to do so.
2. Travel in April-May
Want to travel to Ladakh during Mid May-June-July & August? Yeah, good luck to you (and your wallet) with that. You’ll have much better luck and find much cheaper deals on flights, tours and rooms when you travel in the April, May, & September. This might be, for example, early April, May and September rather than June & July, when you’ll get similar weather and lower rates.
3. Best Transport Options
Getting to and from Leh Ladakh can be expensive, as can be getting around once you’re there. Keeping things cheap means taking a close look at how and where you want to travel.
- Flights. Again, the off-season is your friend. In getting to Leh, search for travel deals on sites like leh-ladakh-tourpackage.com, setting up low fare alerts for your exact dates. If you live, for example, in Mumbai or Bangalore, you might even want to consider a round the ticket to get you there and back, as it might be more cost-effective and more fun! Once in Ladakh, consider budget airlines.
- Train. Unlike in the States, trains are a great way to travel in India — fast, clean, scenic, and really an essential part of any Indian vacation. However, they do differ in price and style between regions. As you can take the train upto Jammu or Chandigarh, than you can drive to Leh-Ladakh region, if you travel by Chandigarh-Manali-Jispa-Sarchu-finally reach Leh. From Mumbai, Bangalore or Kolkata you can take train Chandigarh and Jammu, than take the local vehicles.
- Buses. There are actually many decent buses from Srinagar-Kargil-Lamayuru-Leh, this rout is open onward May. From Chandigarh-Manali-Jipspa-Sarchu-Leh, this route is open onward June till Sept only. And they’re much cheaper than any option out there. Sorting the good from the bad can get tricky, so we recommend asking fellow travelers for tips.
- Taxi. The best way to reach Ladakh region, local taxi is cheapest, one can share the local taxi onward Chandigarh, or Jammu, in around Leh you can hire the taxi form local union. 06 person can share a taxi.
4. Stick to the ATM
Traveler’s cheques? Exchange bureaus? Banks? Hotels? The best rate you’ll get for exchanging money will actually be at an ATM — yes, even after ATM and foreign transaction fees. In Leh you will get lot of exchange bureau and ATM facilities.
5. Save and Book Well Ahead of Time
No matter what strategies you take, it’s important to get all of your ducks in a row well ahead of time. In fact, starting to save early will mean starting to book early, which in turn will bring you savings. To get an accurate accounting of all possible costs, list them out on a piece of paper with general estimations. How much do you anticipate flights costing? Hotels?Trip insurance Meals?Tourist site fees? Get it all accounted for and start saving now so that you’ll be able to take advantage of any deals the moment they arise.
Click here to book Leh Ladakh tour with perfectindiantourism.com